The Central Diagnostic Laboratory (CDL) is responsible for all the investigations related to Biochemistry, Pathology and Microbiology. Being a tertiary care hospital, treatment depends, to a significant extent, on the diagnostic services and hence the onus of quality and timely care is equally shared by the CDL as well. Regular in-house trainings and workshops focusing on patient care are organized to ensure that all CDL team members are well-trained and capable. The fact that all laboratories are accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL) is only a testimony of its commitment towards quality. The CDL successfully underwent the National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL) reassessment for the fourth consecutive year and renewed the accreditation status recently. It was felicitated for achieving NABL accreditation by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Gujarat in the year 2010.
The state-of-the-art laboratories in the fields of Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Cytology, Haematology, Microbiology and Surgical Pathology offer services 24x7. The CDL also boasts of the only pneumatic tube system in Gujarat for transport of blood/samples which helps save precious time (especially during emergencies) in transport and delivery of samples to the laboratories and reports to the patients.
The specialised services offered by CDL includes:
- Work-up for all cancers including Leukemia
- Tumour markers (on Elecsys)
- Detailed Surgical Pathology
Pap smears for screening of cervical cancers
Frozen section examination for intra-operative decision making during major operations
Immunohistochemistry for ER, PR and Her-2 Neu
- Work-up for all anaemias including sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia with automated haematology analyzers and facility for electrophoresis.
- Modern and automated equipment (Bac T Alert and Mini API) for detecting microbial infections in blood and body fluids with sensitivity and specificity.
- Latest equipment to provide diagnostic support to critical patients admitted at the various ICUs including arterial blood gases, cardiac markers, routine chemistries (On Cobas Integra) and electrolytes.
- Free HIV testing is provided to ANC (PPTCT), High risk group, STI patients and TB patients at ICTC centre.
- Consultancy for infection control and surveillance to other hospitals.
There is also a mobile sample collection facility for patients who do not wish to visit the laboratory for their tests and reports, samples are collected from their home and the reports are delivered personally or via courier or by fax at nominal charges.
02692 - 228100
02692 - 228411, 228412
02692 - 228311
02692 - 228310
Privilege Day Care/
02692 - 228410
02692 - 228264
02692 - 228671, 228672, 228673